Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Black Swan


Natalie Portman in 'Black Swan'






Costumes by Rodarte

Scenes from Swan Lake



 

Chanel Couture


Last night I finally got around to watching 'Black Swan' - it has been up there at the top of my 'must-see DVD' list for a long time but I've been totally unsuccessful at convincing my husband that a film about ballet is a good night's entertainment so I have had to wait patiently until I had a night in on my own. Probably just as well because he wouldn't have liked it anyway. Even though I am ballet mad - I found the film quite disturbing showing the very dark side of the behind-the-scenes ballet culture. Natalie did an amazing job of portraying the fragile, broken Swan in Swan Lake and I loved the costumes and the dancing but it's definitely not a feel good kind of movie. Seeing 'Swan Lake' on stage is one of my lifetime dreams - I am just waiting for it to come to Melbourne.

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  
 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the film,Natalie Portman was excellent in it - as was Mila Kunis. It scared the life out of me though, it was edge of my seat stuff!!!

Abigail's Place said...

Gorgeous images, I completely agree the costumes an make-up are stunning. It was on my must see list, must get round to it.

Abigail x

The enchanted home said...

Felt the same, it left me feeling cold shaken and a little unnerved. I did not care for it, I preferred the way I thought of the ballet BEFORE I saw this movie!! She was fabulous in it though,I thought gave an outstanding performance and sure looked the part of a ballerina and I thought Mila Kunis was fantatsic as well.

My Beautiful World said...

I agree I didn't like it either the story line anyway. Hope you have a lovely day my friend.

Always Wendy

Claire D. T said...

I just love this movie :)

Beach Coast Style said...

omg!! that movie was so disturbing. I bought the DVD hoping I was going to sit down to a love story. Boy, was I surprised. I don't think I will ever watch it again.

I've not seen Swan Lake, only the nutcracker. loved it.

A Very Sweet Blog said...

I heard it wasn't very relaxing, that is why I haven't rented it yet. I bet the costumes was gorgeous, but I like to relax. HAHAHA Beautiful photos above!
http://sassyuptownchic.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...