Friday, February 24, 2012

A Touch of Class











I love these elegant sophisticated interiors with their gilded mirrors, crystal chandeliers and antique furniture. I love high ceilings and detailed plasterwork that reminds me of wedding cakes. I bought my first apartment soon after I turned thirty. It dated back to 1910 with stunningly detailed ceilings, polished boards, an old fireplace and handmade glass in the windows - it reminded me of apartments I had stayed at in Paris so I just had to have it! After a simple renovation, I filled it with French antiques bought from the auction houses including a heavenly chandelier from Paris. The look was completed with beige velvet sofas, long stemmed roses in silver champagne buckets and black and white photos of Bridgette Bardot in antique gilded frames. I miss that beautiful apartment!

Melissah xox

Images via 1, 2, 34, 5, 6, 7

3 comments:

Hanz, Fashionista Era Design said...

love the 1st and 2nd images!! so very gorgeous!!

design elements said...

simply beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissah,

I have tagged you in a game of Blogger tag - if you would like to play along, head over to my blog to see the questions : )

Hope you are well xo

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...