Sunday, February 27, 2011

Greek Style

The mercury hit a perfect 28 degrees today so my husband and I took a drive down to Lorne, a stylish coastal town with a very good Greek restaurant that sits overlooking the pier. It is painted in typical Greek style with lots of white wash and bright blue trim. It is all a bit rusty and run down but that just adds to the character. We had lunch at an outdoor table under a sun umbrella watching the fishing boats bob up and down. 





Greek recipes from Donna Hay magazine

We ordered this amazing seafood platter which was absolutely overflowing with King prawns, oysters, lobster, scampi, mussels and scallops. Everything is freshly caught and it all tasted even better when washed down with a glass of chilled, white wine. After a glass or two, I could have sworn I was on a Greek Island!



Inspiration from the Greek Islands

Xox
Melissah
Images via Donna Hay website, Artsytime Blog

6 comments:

The enchanted home said...

Yum! I love Greek food and we are lucky to have two outstanding Greek restaurants near us which we visit often. I love all the fresh fish thats displayed, the best salad, with the ripest tomatoes, no matter what month you go and outrageous yogurt they get from a farm in Canada....the pics of Greece make me want to hop on a plane!

Annette Piper said...

I loved Greece and still remember it fondly 30 years on!

ECLECchic said...

You have got an award on my blog, so do not forget to pick it up. Congratulations! have a nice week start

chateaudelille said...

Wouldnt it be nice to be at he greek islands right now. Our heat wave is driving us mad. Love your Melbourne Cup hat! Fiona

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Melissah,

What a wonderful day out you had, and love the Inspirational photos, from the Greek Islands.

Happy week
Hugs
Carolyn

Sophie said...

Melissah!thank you for your comment on my blog! so kind of you. I also love yours and glad you found me so that I could find you.

happy blogging, ill be back!

http://mylensoflove.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...