Thursday, January 27, 2011

Game, Set, Match


We are in the midst of the 'Australian Tennis Open' and Melbourne is buzzing with excitement. Tennis fever is in the air and everyone has been queuing up to get centre court seats to see either Federer or Nadal thrash it out for the title. Sadly, I saw Nadal lose last night. I love Nadal's sense of fun with his tennis outfits. Last year at the Open he wore bold stripes in orange and hot pink. But when it comes to on court style it's Maria Sharpova that takes the prize.

Here are few examples of her winning style both on and off the court.





Here are a few items on my wish list that I honestly believe will improve my game ... and if they don't, at least I will look good trying! I absolutely must have that pink Chanel tennis racquet with matching balls and I love the idea of carrying all my gear in the pink Polo Ralph Lauren carry all. How stylish would I look at my local tennis club!





Melissah xox
Images of Maria via Maria Sharapova official website and www.maria-sharapova.org
Images of accessories via Polo - Ralph Lauren, Chanel, We Hear It

10 comments:

chateaudelille said...

Wow, she is stunning! Ill have to look out for her now! Fiona

designchic said...

Beauty and talent...what a combination!!

Peta said...

I love your blog - it is gorgeous and very inspiring! Thanks for visiting mine x

Unknown said...

I've always sworn that tennis gives you the best body of any exercise and she is living proof. On another note, how cute is that pale pink ball?

xo Mary Jo

silly eagle books said...

love those pink tennis balls! thanks for inviting me to your blog--it's beautiful!

CHECKS AND SPOTS said...

Hi Melissah - thanks for visiting my blog and leading me back to yours. I think you blog is just beautiful...lots of inspiring images, content and ideas. Love it all!

N I C O L A said...

LOOOOOVING your blog - I have just perused EVERY tab. Thanks for dropping by Urban Nectar so I could find this beautiful haven.x
Nicola

pve design said...

Just when I said I was throwing in the towel on tennis....maybe a new chic racquet will improve my game...gotta luv it!
pve

Tied with a Bouw said...

Hi Melissah! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I thought I would return the favour :) AND just saw that you too are from Melbourne! You lucky girl you living down the beautiful Great Ocean Road! Ooh and I LOVE that polo carry all, might have to take up tennis again :P x

Irene said...

nice selection!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...