Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Happy Days

I spend a lot of time pouring over food magazines and recipe books. One of my favourite things is to spend  an entire Sunday morning in bed with the bed piled high with all the latest issues of Vogue Entertaining, Gourmet Traveller and Donna Hay. I love the Marie Claire cookbooks and anything by Bill Granger and Donna Hay. I mark up pages, rip out recipes and plan menus but never can quite find the motivation to ever get round to making them! When I bake, I tend to stick to the old favourites : cupcakes, muffins and butter cakes - everyone loves them and I hardly even need a recipe! However, these are some of the recipes I'd like to get round to making one day!

Vanilla Bean Semi Freddo
Ice-cream in waffle cones


Frosted Cupcakes
Meringues
Turkish Delight
An afternoon treat
Iced Biscuits
Fruit Flavoured Sorbet

Xox
Melissah

7 comments:

Claudia Lane said...

Hi Melissa what a stunning blog you have! I adore the colours and the images are just beautiful. I'm a follower now and will visit, visit, visit...

Thanks for stopping by mine and for your lovely comment. You're on my list of favourites now :))

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
I am so thrilled to know you enjoy my blog. Thank you for inviting me to yours! It is so refreshing and beautiful! I am going to follow along with you.
AK xo

Karen from A`Musements said...

Ohhhh myyyyy.... This is terribly naughty to show so many delicious treats and leave me here stranded with none to pop in my mouth at present! You should give a gal some warning that you are about to post something that will drive the reader wild! Glorious. Now if I weren't so lazy...
Your blog/collection of eye candy/snappy writing is a great romp, Melissa! Thank you for your kind remarks about my blog and for introducing me (and hopefully a lot of other readers/fans) to yours!
Karen

Melissa@Vidastyle said...

Hi Melissah, Thanks for stopping by my blog, your treats are so tempting it makes me want to break out the cookbooks and start cooking!

Bettina said...

Yum!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful blog. I am about to create my own and would love to know what resources you referred to, in order to create your own? Thanks.

Melissah said...

Hi Nancy,
In answer to question I have been collecting interior design images and filing them for work for about 10 years now. I also have folders & files full of fashion & party ideas that inspire me. I use the internet for research as well so it's a mixed bag really. If I know the source I'll be sure to put it on there.
Cheers
Melissah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...