Friday, January 14, 2011

Let's Go Surfing


I live in a simple but stylish beach house on the coast. The town in which we live is called Anglesea and it boasts a series of great beaches, a pretty river and it's the really the start of the Great Ocean Road - one of the world's most spectacular coastal drives.

The Great Ocean Road
Enjoying the scenery


The 12 Apostles 

My husband - the surfer
Derek surfing Johanna Beach

There is something for everyone in Anglesea - swimming, fishing, boogie boarding, canoeing, R and R, boating, diving, camping and of course surfing. Just up the road from us is the famous 'Bells Beach' that hosts a number of big international surfing competitions. My husband is a surfer and he tries to get out for quick morning surf  before work. He's always in a great mood when he's been in the water and there's a decent wave. Me, on the other hand finds the whole surf thing a lot of hard work :- early mornings, messy wet hair, lots of dumpings, salty skin and sand everywhere. However this photo shoot with Blake Lively for American Vogue has got me inspired and I'm in the mood for surfing again!






Melissah xox

Images via The Great Ocean Road, American Vogue 

1 comments:

Laura said...

Just looked at this blog and it made me go ahhh... the hubby and I used to surk in Jan Juc, Ocean Grove etc... I remember surfing at Angelsea too... early morning, flask of tea and Anzac biscuits.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...