Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scandinavian Style

I love the crisp, clean lines of Scandinavian design. Their minimal approach using bleached timbers, distressed furniture, lots of white on white and accents in warm timber tones is a clever mix of sophisticated European styling and the Hamptons design approach. The result is never hard edged or too sharp because of the combination of new with old. Antiques, recyled timber, vintage pieces and second hand market finds add warmth, character and personality. The layering of whites and neutral tones with minimal colour results in a crisp, modern look that has been adopted by fans all over the globe.







Images via The Style Files
Xox
Melissah

5 comments:

Raine and Sage said...

I love all these images. Just beautiful in their crisp, simple, oh so special Scandi style.

A Refocused Life said...

This is such a fresh, clean look. I love it, but I'd have to toss everything out and start over...maybe that would be fun.

M.A. the 2nd ~ Frances Russell said...

Dearest Melissah
Happy New Year and how are you? I adore Scandinavian/Swedish style as the clean lines and use of white/grey is so calming. The use of Gustavian style furniture and natural taupe and white linens is perfect. Your blog is SO BEAUTIFUL and I am so happy for you. Congratulations! Our love of so many things alike is so wonderful and it is so lovely to get on your blog to see a like-minded soul! We have finally made it home and I will keep you posted. I have decided we have to absolutely meet soon!
hugs and best wishes
Frances M.A. the 2nd

Unknown said...

I love this look! Simple and stunning. x

pve design said...

so pure, simple and love all that white.
pve

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...