Sunday, July 17, 2011

Cheap and Chic


 

 






When it comes to decorating I am great believer in a little bit of imagination, good taste and style can get often get you a lot further than a pocketful of money. I started off my career as a fashion designer so I have always been handy with a sewing machine. When I moved out of home and moved into my a shared house I would get to work. I painted rooms, pulled up carpets and lime washed floor boards, whipped up curtains and doona covers on the sewing machine and put together a stylish collection of furniture from opportunity shops and second hand markets. Every place I have ever lived in has been cheery and homey. I think there's no excuse for not living in beautiful surroundings not matter what your budget!


Melissah xox
 
Images via Homelife & Sanctuary

2 comments:

ilovehearts said...

Gorgeous colours make me happy x

TINA KENT said...

I love those Cushions! Can never have enough! LovT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...